The questions were the following:
1. Which has the greater mass, 3 kgs of onions or 7 lbs of sugar?
2. ‘The carriage passed over a little bridge beneath which water rushed’. Which of the words here is a preposition?
3. Which one of these words has the closest meaning to “expanse”?
4.What types of words are these? Ponies, sheep, mountains, bushes.
a. Abstract nouns
b. Proper nouns
c. Common nouns
d. Collective nouns
5. Bridgetown, Barbados is four hours behind GMT. If a plane leaves London at 06:00 GMT, write the local time it lands in Bridgetown if the flight takes six hours.
6. Sam has 75 pens and he ties them into bundles of 8. How many pens does he have left over?
1. 7 lbs of sugar
4. Collective nouns