- Insider is seeking nominations for its upcoming list of the self-driving industry's power players.
- Nominees must work for a company developing self-driving tech. They cannot be the CEO of a company.
- You can submit yourself or someone you know using this Google Form.
Insider is seeking nominations for its upcoming list of the power players in the self-driving and autonomous vehicle industry.
Behind the many auto and tech companies pouring billions of dollars into commercializing self-driving systems are great leaders, many with years of experience as engineers, designers, and developers. They're leading the industry into the future. They're fostering the next generation of talent. And oftentimes, they have institutional knowledge and expertise that's invaluable. In the past, we've selected notable executives from Tesla, Zoox, and Cruise.
This year, we want to hear from the companies making the biggest waves in AV development, but also from those just getting started.
One caveat: Insider is looking for individuals influencing their companies the most (and playing a part in the future of the industry) but who aren't chief executives. We want to highlight the folks that are just as important to the future of these businesses as their CEOs.
These are our criteria:
- Nominees must currently work for a company that's developing technology for autonomous vehicles.
- Nominees cannot be the CEO of the company. CEOs will not be included in the selected list.
- Submit your nomination(s) through this Google Form by March 15.
- Tell us why you or someone you know is leading this booming space.
- If you want to nominate more than one person, fill out a separate form for each person.
- LIMIT: A max of five submissions per company's internal PR/communications team. If a company exceeds this number, Insider will review the first five submissions. This is to ensure we are able to review a variety of nominations from many different companies. (If a company receives externally-nominated individual nominations, those will not be counted as part of a company's five but will also be considered).
- If you have any questions, reach out to this reporter at [email protected].
The form requests a photo be emailed to Alexa St. John; the photo is not a requirement for submission or selection or taken into consideration during selection. It simply makes the publishing process easier once the selected list is finalized.
You can find 2021's autonomous-vehicle power player list here for examples of previous honorees.
Please do not nominate anyone who's already been selected in previous years.
You can renominate anyone who was nominated before, but was not selected, in previous years.
You may also nominate anyone who qualifies and was nominated, but not selected, for Self-Driving Rising Stars.