- Lizzo wore the world’s tiniest handbag on the American Music Awards 2019 red carpet on Sunday night.
- The white Valentino micro-bag proved to be more of a distraction on the red carpet than her bright ruffled mini-dress.
- The “Truth Hurts” singer, who was nominated for three awards, posed with the micro-bag just between her fingers.
- She later posted a photo of her outfit on Instagram with the caption: “@maison valentino bag big enough for my fucks to give. Big body bitch in a Valentin-HO custom for @amas.”
- While she got the tick of approval from fashion influencers Marc Jacobs and Ariana Grande, others questioned the contents of the bag with Chelsea Handler asking: “What’s in that purse?”
- Lizzo jokingly revealed on the red carpet: “I got tampons in here, a flask of tequila, condoms.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The “Truth Hurts” singer, who was nominated for three prizes, wore a fllamboyant ruffled Valentino peach mini dress, but she certainly kept her accessories to a minimum.
The tiny white Valentino bag, which is one of three in the world, proved to be more of a distraction on the red carpet than her bright ensemble as she highlighted its micro size by holding it up just between her fingers.
Acknowledging the tiny bag could barely fit a lipstick, Lizzo Instagrammed her look with the caption: "@maison valentino bag big enough for my fucks to give. Big body bitch in a Valentin-HO custom for @amas."
But some others did wonder what the bag could actually hold.
Chelsea Handler asked: "What's in that purse?" while another follower said: "I'm dying to know if there's anything in it. A mint? An almond?"
However, the singer did reveal the question on everyone's mind during a red carpet interview."
"I got tampons in here, a flask of tequila, condoms," the 31-year-old joked.
The tiny Jacquemus bags retail between $240 to $504 and since then, other fashion houses have been shrinking their bags down too.