- 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Seth Moulton, a US Representative for Massachusetts and a retired Marine, will join Business Insider Today for a live town hall.
- The event will take place on Business Insider Today’s Facebook page at 7 p.m. ET on June 18.
- In addition to discussing his policy plans, Moulton will answer questions from an in-person audience and comments section in the Facebook live-stream.
- Moulton’s campaign emphasizes veterans advocacy for Americans who serve their country. His National Service Education Guarantee plan is modeled after the G.I. Bill.
- The retired Marine also unveiled a plan to combat post-traumatic stress in the military and for veterans.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Democratic Rep. Seth Moulton of Massachusetts is seeking the Democratic nomination for president in 2020. As a retired Marine who served four tours in Iraq, Moulton publicly revealed he sought counseling after his deployments. Moulton, 40, unveiled a plan to combat post-traumatic stress in the military with “mandatory” mental health services for veterans and those currently serving.
While his website outlines seven main issues, Moulton’s campaign bundles several of his policies, including climate change and reduced college tuition, into one plan: a new public service program that expands national service participation – from serving in the military to the creation of a Federal Green Corps. In exchange for young Americans’ service, the federal government will provide education benefits that echoes the G.I. Bill.
You can watch the live stream on our Facebook page or in the embedded video below. Submit your question in the comments section.
Moulton will speak with INSIDER’S politics editor, Anthony Fisher, about topics including his National Service Guarantee plan, the Green New Deal, and many more on Business Insider’s Facebook news show Business Insider Today at 7 p.m. ET.