- You can watch Hulu + Live TV on most Roku devices in a few simple steps if you have a subscription to the service. You should check your Roku’s “About” page to make sure it’s compatible.
- Hulu + Live TV is an enhanced version of Hulu that includes access to over 60 live and on-demand television channels, plus DVR-like recording of live TV.
- To get started, you’ll need to install the Hulu channel on your Roku, sign in, and make sure you’ve subscribed to Hulu + Live TV.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Hulu + Live TV is a relatively new add-on to the traditional Hulu streaming video service, which gives you access to live and on-demand television programs from more than 60 channels, as well as a DVR-like recording feature.
Hulu + Live TV costs $45 per month, but if you upgrade to Hulu with no advertisements and Live TV, it’s $51 per month. There are other add-ons available at additional cost, like premium cable networks, entertainment networks, and additional storage for the cloud DVR recording feature.
For more information on pricing, check out our article, “A complete price breakdown for Hulu and Hulu + Live TV TV packages – here’s everything you need to know.”
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to watch Hulu + Live TV on Roku
To watch Hulu + Live TV on your Roku, you must be sure that you're subscribed to Hulu + Live TV. You can't do this from the Roku itself. Instead, use a browser to go to the Hulu website to upgrade, if necessary. If you are new to Hulu, you may be able to start a free trial.
When your account includes Hulu + Live TV, install the Hulu channel on your Roku player. Here's how to do that:
1. Using your Roku remote, press the Home button.
2. Select "Streaming Channels" in the list on the left side of the screen.
3. Select "Search Channels."
4. Search for "Hulu." When it appears in the search results, select "Add Channel."
5. After the channel is installed, select "OK."
6. Press the Home button again.
7. Find "Hulu" and select it to open the channel.
8. Sign in and you can start watching live TV on your Roku.
Which Roku players are compatible with Hulu + Live TV
Most Roku media players are fully compatible with Hulu + Live TV. However, a few older models can only use the "classic" version of the Hulu app, which doesn't support Hulu + Live TV.
Roku Streaming Players with model numbers 2400 to 3100 and the older Roku Streaming Sticks (models 3420 or earlier) can't play Hulu + Live TV.
To find out if your Roku player works with Hulu + Live TV:
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Select "Settings."
3. Select "System."
4. Select "About." You should see your model number.