- A woman says she was hospitalized after touching a random napkin that was on the car handle.
- "I started getting hot flashes, my chest was hurting, my heart was beating really fast," Erin Mims told local news.
- Per local reports, a doctor warned Mims that the incident could have been a potential kidnapping.
A Houston, Texas, woman said she was poisoned after touching a laced napkin that was placed on her car door handle, according to local reports.
The incident happened after Erin Mims left her birthday celebration at a restaurant this week, KPRC-TV reported. When she got to her car, she saw the napkin on the door handle.
"I took it out with my nails and threw it and got in the car," Mims told the outlet. "I asked [my husband] about it, and he said he didn't put a napkin in there."
Mims went back into the restaurant to wash her hands, but started to feel "tingling" in her arms and was struggling to breathe, KRIV reported.
"I started getting hot flashes, my chest was hurting, my heart was beating really fast," she told the outlet.
She was taken to HCA Houston Healthcare and underwent tests. Doctors were unable to determine the substance in her body. However, one doctor informed her that it was possibly a failed kidnapping, according to the report.
"It's crazy. It just makes me think that we're not safe and that there are some crazy people going out in the world doing things," she told KRPC-TV.
The Houston Police Department is looking into the matter, according to the outlet. HCA Houston Healthcare warns people who are experiencing symptoms after being exposed to a poisonous substance to contact first responders immediately.
Dit artikel is oorspronkelijk verschenen op z24.nl