- People at home have been sharing their culinary creations on TikTok.
- The social-media platform allows posters to share one-minute videos of what’s going on in their kitchens.
- From teeny tiny pancake cereal to White Claw slushies, TikTokers have proven themselves to be a creative bunch.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Pancake cereal became a TikTok phenomenon.
People started to make miniature pancakes and loaded them into a bowl instead of stacking them on a plate. And thus, pancake cereal was born.
At the time of writing, the #pancakecereal hashtag had generated more than 800.8 million views on TikTok.
All you need to make the bowl of miniature pancakes is some batter and something to squeeze it out of.
Melanie Locke posted a video to TikTok showing viewers how she created her own squeeze container: She filled a water bottle with pancake batter and poked a hole in the cap.
im telling u guys 10/10 recommend!! might even beat normalpancakes ##pancakecereal
An at-home version of Cookie Crisp cereal has also swept across TikTok feeds.
Justin Schuble, the person behind the Instagram account @dcfoodporn, posted a video of his cookie cereal creation on TikTok.
Insider reporter Anneta Konstantinides spoke with Schuble about how he executed the trend.
Pre-made cookie dough and a bit of milk are the only two ingredients for cookie cereal.
Make small cookies by cutting pre-made cookie dough into small and flat pieces. Schuble told Insider that a key step is to let the cookies sit out for a few minutes after pulling them out of the oven so that they can harden and become crispy.
White Claw Slushies are an easy and boozy beverage trend on TikTok.
TikTokers started dressing up their White Claw seltzers with fruit and ice.
The only requirements for making this frozen treat are White Claw hard seltzer and fruit.
While some people have added extra alcohol like vodka to their slushies, all you really need is a White Claw and some frozen fruit.
This version of vegan bacon has also popped up on TikTok.
Turning carrots into a vegan-version of a meat product isn’t necessarily a new idea, but this vegan bacon found some viral success on TikTok.
Tabitha Brown shared her recipe for carrot bacon which includes maple syrup, garlic powder, onion powder, liquid smoke, and smoked paprika.
Dalgona coffee was an early quarantine trend.
The name dalgona coffee came from a popular South Korean snack of toffee.
As more people stayed home and played around in their kitchen, the whipped-coffee topping became a massive trend on TikTok.
At the time of writing, the #dalgonacoffee hashtag had more than 300.9 million views on the platform.
The popularity of dalgona coffee led to the creation of other whipped drinks.
After dalgona coffee took off, TikTokers got more creative with whipped drinks.
Concoctions like whipped cocoa, matcha, Nutella, and more started to pop up all over social media.
- Read more:
- I made 4 whipped drinks at home including dalgona coffee and ranked them all from worst to best
- Photos show how common baking mistakes can drastically change your chocolate-chip cookies
- Disney, McDonald’s, and other beloved brands are sharing recipes for their famous dishes online so you can make them at home
- 15 ingredients to add to your banana bread that are not walnuts or chocolate chips