- Andrew Luck is retiring from the NFL, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.
- Schefter reports that Luck is “mentally worn down, and now checking out.”
- OJ Simpson tweeted a video expressing his disappointment that the report came shortly after he drafted Luck in his fantasy league.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Andrew Luck shocked the sports world on Saturday night when Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that the Indianapolis Colts quarterback was retiring from the NFL.
The most 2019 reaction to the news came from none other than O.J. Simpson.
Minutes after news of the retirement broke, Simpson posted a video to Twitter scolding Luck for the timing of the announcement.
“Andrew Luck, what did I do to you?” Simpson said. “You could have retired an hour and a half ago before I picked you in my fantasy picks. I mean, what did I do, baby?”
— O.J. Simpson (@TheRealOJ32) August 25, 2019
Needless to say, Twitter had some fun with this.
This is a bigger concern for Luck at the moment. https://t.co/H4XnrEvgwj
— OrdioMongo (@OrdioMongo) August 25, 2019
- Read more:
- Odell Beckham Jr. calls trade to Browns ‘personal,’ saying the Giants ‘thought they’d send me here to die’
- USWNT star Carli Lloyd says NFL teams contacted her after she crushed a 55-yard field goal that went viral
- The NFL world is starting to panic about Jimmy Garoppolo after a disastrous outing in his first game in 11 months
- Here are all the new college football uniforms for the 2019 season