- To understand Apple’s global retail footprint, it helps to see it for yourself.
- We’ve compiled and ranked the most beautiful Apple stores in the world.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Apple opened its first physical retail store in 2001.
Almost 20 years later, the company now has more than 500 stores in 24 countries around the world.
In many ways, Apple stores have come to represent Apple’s other devices, like iPhones and Mac computers: They are beautiful, forward-thinking, and meticulously crafted around the customer.
Many Apple stores reside in malls around the world, but some of the most beautiful stores are architectural marvels themselves. That’s why we wanted to round up and rank the most beautiful Apple stores in the world.
We only had a couple of criteria for this ranking: to what extent the store’s design catches your eye, and how well the store either complements, or improves upon, the surrounding local environment.
Take a look at our ranking of the most beautiful Apple stores in the world.
30. Apple Parc 66 Jinan
29. Apple Greenwich Avenue
28. Apple Lincoln Road
27. Apple Pasadena
26. Apple Irvine Spectrum Center
25. Apple Union Square
24. Apple Scottsdale Fashion Square
23. Apple Upper West Side
22. Apple Royal Hawaiian
21. Apple Williamsburg
20. Apple Regent Street
19. Apple Pioneer Place (closed for renovation)
18. Apple Brisbane
17. Apple Kurfürstendamm
16. Apple Sainte-Catherine
15. Apple Jungfernstieg
14. Apple Kunming
13. Apple Jiefangbei
12. Apple Park Visitor Center
11. Apple Pudong
10. Apple Zorlu Center
9. Apple Brussels
8. Apple Holiday Plaza Shenzhen
7. Apple Shibuya
6. Apple Downtown Brooklyn
5. Apple Cotai Central
4. Apple Iconsiam
3. Apple Piazza Liberty
2. Apple Michigan Avenue
1. Apple Grand Central
Disagree with our ranking? Tell me about your favorite Apple store – email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.