- Microsoft is opening its first store in London in July.
- The new store, which will be its London flagship, is in the heart of the city’s busiest shopping area and a one minute’s walk to Apple’s London flagship.
- Customers will be able to test and experience its latest technology in the store and get their Microsoft products repaired.
- Microsoft originally made its fortune in software but more recently expanded into hardware products, such as tablets and laptops, putting it in direct competition with Apple.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Microsoft is launching its first flagship store in London.
The software turned hardware company, unveiled its first London store on Thursday, which will open doors to the public on July 11. It will be Microsoft’s first store in Europe.
The new store is located on Oxford Circus, in the heart of London’s busiest shopping area, and is neighbor to some of the world’s biggest brands flagships including Nike and H&M. It’s also one minute’s walk away from Apple’s London flagship store.
And the new store sounds a lot like what you might find at Apple.
Microsoft said that it will have areas where customers can come and test and experience its latest technology and an area where customers can get support on using its products as well as repairs, not unlike Apple’s Genius Bar.
“Interactive zones, surrounded by immersive video walls running throughout the store, will make this the best place to get hands-on with Surface, Windows, Office, Xbox and PC gaming, HoloLens mixed-reality and more,” it said in a statement to the press.
Speaking about the shop, David Porter, senior vice president of Microsoft Store, said that a London flagship has “long been part of our vision for our physical and digital store presence.”
“This opening represents another step in our journey to meet our customers – from consumers to businesses – wherever they are and deepen our connection with them,” he added.
It also puts Microsoft in a better position to take on Apple as it continues to expand its assortment of hardware products such as tablets and laptops.>
Here’s where you can find it: 253-259 Regent Street, London, W1B 2ER.