- You can unlink your Spotify account from a PS4 simply by logging out of the Spotify app.
- You can also unlink your Spotify account by logging into your PSN account on the PlayStation website and clicking “Unlink” on the PS Music page.
- Linking your Spotify account to your PS4 gives you complete access to your Spotify music from your console, but you can only link it to one PS4 at a time.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
When you link your Spotify account to your PS4, you get access to everything in your Spotify account, and can listen to music on the PS4 as easily as on your phone, computer, or other linked device.
You can only link your Spotify account to one PS4 at a time, though. Luckily, if you need to unlink your Spotify account from a PS4, there are two ways to do that.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
PlayStation 4 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
How to unlink Spotify from the PS4
If you have access to your PS4, the easiest way to unlink your Spotify account is from within the Spotify app.
1. Using your controller, start the Spotify app.
2. Select your account name at the top right of the screen.
3. Select "Log Out."
Your account is now unlinked from the PlayStation.
How to unlink Spotify and the PS4 via a web browser
If you no longer have access to the PS4, you can still unlink your Spotify account. Be aware that simply logging out of all your devices from the Spotify website will not unlink your PS4 - you must use the PlayStation website.
1. Log into the PlayStation website using your PSN username and password.
2. At the top left of the page, click "Services" and then click "PS Music."
3. On the "Manage Your Spotify Link" page, you should see an entry for your Spotify account.
4. Click "Unlink" and then confirm your choice by clicking "Unlink" again.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to get your PS4 out of Safe Mode in 4 different ways, so you can get back to playing normally
How to switch accounts on your PS4 in 3 simple steps
How to send and delete messages on your PS4, using the PlayStation Messages app
How to add friends on your PS4 in 6 simple steps
How to turn off parental controls on a PS4, with or without your parental controls password
How to change the email address on your PS4 account in 2 different ways