• A US tourist died at Sandals Emerald Bay resort in Great Exuma, Bahamas.
  • The hotel said the tourist died of natural causes. He had tested positive for COVID-19, it was reported.
  • Three US tourists died at the luxury resort in May due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

An American tourist died Tuesday at Sandals Emerald Bay resort in Great Exuma, Bahamas, the hotel said.

The US citizen, whose name or age has not been disclosed, died after testing positive for COVID-19, per The Washington Post.

"We can confirm reports coming out of the Bahamas that, sadly, a guest has passed away from apparent natural causes," a hotel spokesperson told Insider.

"Bahamian authorities do not suspect any foul play," the spokesperson continued. "We wish to extend our deepest sympathies to the guest's family, and we remain in close contact to provide support during this difficult time."

In May of this year, Insider reported, three American tourists died at the five-star resort, where rooms start at $377 a night.

At the time, the Royal Bahamas Police Force said in a statement that they were called to the resort after hotel staff found a man's body in a resort villa. When the officers were en route, they were informed that a couple was also found unresponsive in another villa.

The couple had complained of feeling sick the night before. Three hotel guests, aged between 64 and 68, were ultimately pronounced dead. A fourth tourist, who survived, was also hospitalized.

An investigation by the Royal Bahamas Police Force found that the three tourists had died of asphyxiation due to carbon monoxide poisoning, per CNN.

In June, shortly after the investigation's findings were announced, a spokesperson for the hotel told Sky News referred to the deaths as an "isolated incident." The spokesperson added that carbon monoxide detectors have since been placed in all guest rooms at the resort and installed in all rooms across the company's portfolio.

Read the original article on Insider