Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
Event invite: Join us Thursday, May 13 at 12 p.m. ET for "Financing Net-Zero," to hear from financial market leaders and investors about the future of sustainability financing. Register here.
1. Global stocks fell as US inflation hit a 13-year high. See what markets are doing.
2. Bitcoin fell as much as 15%. Tesla halted cryptocurrency payments over environmental concerns.
3. Crypto fans rejected Elon Musk's move to stop bitcoin payments for Tesla. Read about the reactions to Tesla's announcement.
4. The stock market sell-off is rotational, not toppy Bank of America said. A summer rally is possible, the bank said.
5. 20 million adults are planning to invest in crypto next year according to Gemini. This would almost double the current retail-investor base.
6. Earnings expected. Look out for Alibaba, Walt Disney, Airbnb, Coinbase, DoorDash, Suzuki and Burberry.
7. On the data docket. April's producer price index data is set to be published in the US; Bank of England governor will deliver a speech.
8. Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson was right about the last two market sell-offs. He lays out 3 ways stock investors can position for a challenging reopening environment that could bring a 20% drop
9. The head of institutional coverage at crypto trading platform FalconX breaks down why Ethereum still has 'significant' upside. Aya Kantorovich also shares 9 Ethereum-tied digital tokens to take advantage of the DeFi revolution.
10. Jeremy Grantham breaks down the psychology of investing in bubbly assets like Dogecoin. He also shares where long-term investors can find cheap assets.