- Tiger Woods does not shy away from some trash talk before a big tournament, and it seems the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
- During an annual appearance on the “No Laying Up” podcast, Justin Thomas shared a funny story about Woods’ son Charlie during the 2019 Masters Tournament.
- Thomas walked over to say hello to Woods’ family in the clubhouse after finishing his final round when Charlie greeted him by saying, “Oh hey look, it’s the guy who can’t putt.”
- Thomas laughed off the 10-year-old’s burn as the group in the clubhouse watched on to see Woods complete his historic victory.
Phil Mickelson once described Tiger Woods as an “underrated smack talker” in an interview with CNN, and now it appears Woods’ son is following in his father’s footsteps.
During an appearance on the “No Laying Up” podcast, golf pro Justin Thomas shared a funny story about the 10-year-old at the final round of this year’s Masters Tournament.
Thomas finished his final round with bogeys on holes 14, 15, and 18, and went to the clubhouse where he saw Woods’ family. Woods was finishing up his last few holes as his family looked on.
When Thomas walked over to the family, Woods’ son Charlie greeted him with a funny one-liner.
"I just kind of saw (Charlie) and was like, 'What's up dude?'" Thomas told the podcast. "And he just looks at me and goes, 'Oh hey look, it's the guy who can't putt.' Thanks, man, I appreciate that. I got a good kick out of that."
Thomas laughed off the great burn by the youngster, but the story has stuck with him.
Woods completed a historic comeback during the 2019 Masters after 11 years without a major championship victory.
"It was unbelievable," Thomas said about the victory. "I kept trying to think of things to compare it to in other sports and I just can't."
- Read more:
- Tiger Woods responded to his Masters victory: 'Now we know why I'm balding'
- Roger Federer posted an epic Ellen DeGeneres-style selfie with some of the world's best tennis players
- The 12 biggest controversies in the NFL's 100-year history
- 'I don't know how I didn't get it in high school': Sam Darnold says he was mad he didn't get mono earlier