- Footage of Donald Trump partying with Jeffrey Epstein at his Mar-a-Lago resort in 1992 was shot by NBC as part of a segment on Faith Daniels’ talk show, “A Closer Look.”
- The footage, which NBC rebroadcast on Wednesday, shows Epstein and Trump chatting and watching young women dance at a party at Trump’s club in Palm Beach, Florida.
- Daniels explained on the segment how Trump’s guest appearance came to be.
- “You kissed me on the lips in front of the paparazzi, and I said, ‘That’ll cost you – I’m booking you on the show,'” she told Trump during a sit-down interview, also re-aired on Wednesday.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A clip of Donald Trump partying with Jeffrey Epstein at his Mar-a-Lago resort in 1992 was shot by NBC as part of a segment on Faith Daniels’ talk show, “A Closer Look” – and in an interview on the segment, Daniels said Trump was there because he had kissed her while her husband’s back was turned, The Washington Post pointed out on Wednesday.
An NBC source told The Post that the clip, rebroadcast by NBC on Wednesday, was part of 36 hours of footage taken of Trump for a 30-minute segment about the newly divorced real-estate mogul.
A clip of the interview, also re-aired on Wednesday, seemed to explain how Trump ended up on Daniels’ show.
“I don’t know why I’m even on the show except we want to get you good ratings,” Trump told Daniels in the interview.
“How generous,” she responded as the audience laughed and booed. “Tell the rest of the story though.”
Daniels recounted how Trump agreed to come on her show after he kissed her during a charity event in New York.
“You kissed me on the lips in front of the paparazzi, and I said, ‘That’ll cost you – I’m booking you on the show,'” she said.
Trump described the kiss as “open and nice” and called Daniels a “fabulous woman,” to which Daniels lifted out of her chair and responded, “So open and nice? Wait a minute!”
“Her husband is a handsome devil, I’ll tell you,” Trump said. “He’s a good guy. But I think he had his back turned at the time.” Daniels agreed.
The 1992 segment features a party thrown by Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, with NFL cheerleaders and other guests. Epstein, whom Trump once called a “fixture in Palm Beach,” can be seen in the footage chatting with Trump as they watch women dance.
Epstein is facing two federal charges related to sex trafficking and could face up to 45 years in prison if he’s convicted. He has pleaded not guilty.
He had cut a deal in Florida in 2008 to avoid federal charges, pleading guilty to state charges of prostitution and registering as a sex offender.
Trump has repeatedly denied having a close relationship with Epstein and last week said he “wasn’t a fan” of the billionaire financier, who frequently hung out with people in the upper echelons of society. Trump said he cut ties with Epstein 15 years ago after a “falling out.”
The White House did not immediately respond to INSIDER’s request for comment.