- Kristen Bell provided details about her daily meal plan in a new interview.
- The “Veronica Mars” star said she has a salt bagel with cream cheese as a mid-morning snack, and likes to announce every day that it is bagel day.
- She explained that she eats carbs daily “because I have to memorize 11 pages of dialogue, and I can’t do that eating spinach and chicken.”
- Bell said she’s “not super restrictive” with her diet, and instead tries to be “mindful” about portion size.
- “I find that through conscious eating, I’m able to have all the rewards and also maintain a healthy, steady diet,” the actress said.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
While carbohydrates have gotten a bad rap, Kristen Bell believes they are a vital part of her diet. In a new interview, the actress said she eats carbs to help her do her job effectively.
“I have to eat carbs because I have to memorize 11 pages of dialogue, and I can’t do that eating spinach and chicken,” the “Veronica Mars” star told Women’s Health in a cover story for its November 2019 issue.
Bell’s carb of choice is a salt bagel with cream cheese, which she eats as a mid-morning snack. According to the interview, she also likes to announce every day that it is bagel day.
While filming Hulu’s reboot of “Veronica Mars” and the final season of NBC’s “The Good Place,” Bell would also order egg whites, spinach, tomato and extra feta from craft services once she arrived on set in the morning.
The “Frozen 2” star went on to explain that she isn’t “super restrictive” with her diet.
“If they make au gratin potatoes, I’m going to have some, but I am mindful of the portion I take,” she told the magazine.
She added: “I find that through conscious eating, I’m able to have all the rewards and also maintain a healthy, steady diet.”
Bell does have a few other healthy staples in her regular meal plan, including a pea or hemp milk protein shake that she downs just before lunch, which she follows with a “garbage disposal salad” consisting of lettuce, avocados, raisins, carrots, blue cheese, and cucumbers.
The “Bad Moms” star has previously opened up about her beloved “garbage disposal salads.”
She explained to Health in 2013 that her signature lunch consists of “everything I can possibly find in the house” on top of a bed of lettuce or spinach.
“My personal favorite dish in the world is my ‘garbage disposal’ salad because it’s never boring. I try to add a little bit of everything and keep my diet very diverse,” she told Grub Street Diet in April 2016.