- Brian Tarantina, the 60-year-old actor known for his role in “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” has died at the age of 60.
- Tarantina was found in his New York apartment, police confirmed.
- His manager Laurie Smith confirmed the death to CNN, adding that Tarantina had been “quite ill recently.”
- A medical examiner will determine cause of death.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Brian Tarantina, the 60-year-old actor known for his roles in “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” and “Gilmore Girls,” has died at the age of 60.
Tarantina’s manager Laurie Smith confirmed the death of the actor to CNN on Saturday.
Tarantina was found in his midtown Manhattan, New York apartment after someone called 911 to say he was unconscious, according to the New York Police Department, who pronounced him dead at the scene.
Police said a medical examiner is due to determine cause of death.
Smith told CNN Tarantina had been “quite ill recently” and was at home recovering.
“I have known him for years,” she said. “He was an amazing, very, very talented actor and very sweet person. I was really shocked and very sad. I’m still shocked.”
Smith also told People that Tarantina was “recently in the hospital and was in the process of recuperating from what I believe to be a heart-related issue.”
Tarantina played the role of “Jackie” in “Mrs. Maisel,” winning a Screen Actors Guild award for top performance by an ensemble in a comedy series in January.
The Gaslight won’t be the same without you. Thank you Brian Tarantina for sharing in all of the laughs. Sending love to his family and friends in this difficult time. pic.twitter.com/J1R1ijF3tE
— The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (@MaiselTV) November 2, 2019
He also recently appeared in crime drama “The Kitchen” with Melissa McCarthy, Tiffany Haddish, and Elisabeth Moss.
His previous roles included appearances in “BlacKkKlansman,” “Summer of Sam,” and “Uncle Buck.”