- Black Friday falls on November 29, 2019.
- The sales holiday often features some of the biggest online deals of the year on tech, home goods, clothing, and more, like $15 off the rarely discounted Apple AirPods and $45 off the Kindle Paperwhite. Participating retailers include both big brands and small startups.
- Bookmark this page to stay updated on all the latest news about Black Friday’s 2019 deals.
- To potentially save more on Black Friday deals this year, visit Business Insider Coupons to find the most up-to-date coupons and promo codes.
Now that Halloween is over, it’s full steam ahead into the holiday season. This month, the big shopping event on everyone’s mind is Black Friday. Below, learn everything you need to know about Black Friday, including where to shop, what to buy, and what deals you can already start taking advantage of.
Best early Black Friday deals of 2019:
These deals are already live.
- 40% off Appliance Special Buys, available at The Home Depot
- Dell Inspiron 15.6″ Touch-Screen Laptop, $350 (originally $600) [You save $250], available at Best Buy
- Free Echo Dot with Ring Camera purchase, $200 (originally $250) [You save $50], available at Target
- Panasonic Lumix FZ300 Digital Camera, $398 (originally $598) [You save $200], available at Amazon
- Free $200 Best Buy gift card + KitchenAid Double Wall Oven, $2,700 (originally $3,240) [You save $540], available at Best Buy
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case, $144 (originally $159) [You save $15], available at Walmart
- TCL 65″ Roku Smart 4K UHD HDR TV, $450 (originally $750) [You save $300], available at Target
- 23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry, $99 (originally $199) [You save $100], available at Amazon
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is an annual sales event that traditionally happens at the end of November and marks the beginning of the holiday shopping season. It’s one of the biggest shopping holidays of the year – sales are so high that the day can push a retailer into “the black,” or solvency.
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday is always the Friday after Thanksgiving. This year, it falls on November 29.
Where can you shop Black Friday sales?
You can find Black Friday sales both in stores and online, in every category you can imagine: tech, home and kitchen, clothing, beauty, pets, appliances, and more.
We’ll be rounding up the best deals from your favorite retailers here:
- Walmart Black Friday deals
- Target Black Friday deals
- Best Buy Black Friday deals
- Kohl’s Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Nordstrom Black Friday deals
- The Home Depot Black Friday deals
What should you buy on Black Friday?
Since it falls a few weeks before December holidays, Black Friday provides excellent opportunities to buy – and save on all your holiday gifts– before the last-minute rush.
We recommend focusing on the following categories if you want the best deals:
- Smart home devices
- Gaming consoles
- Video games
- Kitchen appliances
Is Black Friday or Cyber Monday better?
It depends. We learned some rules of thumb in the classic Black Friday versus Cyber Monday debate and learned that it’s better to shop on Black Friday in these situations:
- For expensive products
- For major stores
- For this year’s products
- If you plan to shop in stores
We’ll be searching through all the sales across the internet to find you only the best of the best Black Friday 2019 deals.
Our favorite online retailers on Black Friday will include Amazon, Target, and Best Buy. Retail startups such as Leesa and Brooklinen also offer really competitive deals. For some startups, Black Friday will be the only time of the year when their products are discounted, so we recommend shopping at these smaller brands as well.
Visit our Black Friday 2019 hub for up-to-date information on deals and store openings this year.
Bookmark this page to stay updated on all the latest news on Black Friday 2019 deals.
Here’s everything else you should know about Black Friday:
- Black Friday is coming – here are the 5 best things to buy and 6 things you should skip
- Everything you need to know about when Black Friday deals and sales start and end in 2019
- Everything you need to know about the best tech deals and sales to expect on Black Friday 2019
- We asked the experts to find out if Black Friday or Cyber Monday is the better day to shop – here’s what they said
These are the best early and anticipated Black Friday deals we already know about:
1. LG 4-Piece Black Stainless Steel Package
Available at The Home Depot now through 12/5: LG 4-Piece Black Stainless Steel Package, $3,002 (originally $5,616) [You save $2,614]
2. Dell Inspiron 15.6″ Touch-Screen Laptop
Available at Best Buy on 11/12 only: Dell Inspiron 15.6″ Touch-Screen Laptop, $350 (originally $600) [You save $250]
3. Ring Spotlight Cam + free Echo Dot
Available at Target now: Free Echo Dot with purchase of a Ring Camera, $200 (originally $250) [You save $50]
4. Panasonic Lumix FZ300 Digital Camera
Available at Amazon now: Panasonic Lumix FZ300 Digital Camera, $398 (originally $598) [You save $200]
5. KitchenAid Double Wall Oven + $200 Best Buy gift card
Available at Best Buy now through December 5: Free $200 Best Buy Gift Card with purchase of KitchenAid 30″ Built-In Double Electric Convection Wall Oven, $2,700 (originally $3,240) [You save $540]
6. Apple AirPods
Available at Walmart now: Apple AirPods with Charging Case, $144 (originally $159) [You save $15]
7. TCL Roku Smart 4K TV
Available at Target now: TCL 65″ Roku Smart 4K UHD HDR TV, $450 (originally $750) [You save $300]
8. 23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry
Available at Amazon now: 23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry, $99 (originally $199) [You save $100]
9. Shark Ion Robot Vacuum
Available at Walmart now: Shark Ion Robot Vacuum Cleaning System, $269 (originally $449) [You save $180]
10. Unlocked iPhones
Available at Best Buy now through December 28: Buy an unlocked iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max and get three free months of Apple Music (new subscribers only) and one free month of iCloud storage (new subscribers only).
11. Instant Pot Duo Nova 7-in-1
Available at Target now: Instant Pot Duo Nova 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker, $65 (originally $100) [You save $35]
See more Black Friday sales and deals