Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
Live event invite: Join us Tuesday, May 18 at 12 p.m. ET for "Master Your Money," where personal finance professionals help set you up to build wealth. Register here.
1. US futures rise as the Fed calms inflation concerns. See what markets are doing.
2. Dogecoin is up another 25%. Elon Musk hadtweeted that Tesla might be accepting dogecoin payments.
3. Cryptocurrency exchange Binance is under investigation by the Justice Department and the IRS. No accusations have been made so far.
4. The rise in inflation is no surprise to Michael Burry. The "Big Short" investor sounded the alarm more than once a while ago.
5. Hertz's bankruptcy auction will give shareholders a decent payout. Retail traders had bought shares after the company filed for bankruptcy last summer.
6. Earnings expected. Watch out for Honda Motor Co, Toshiba, Knorr-Bremse and Samsung Life Insurance.
7. On the data docket. US retail sales and industrial production data is due.
8. Bank of America says Wall Street stock pickers remain vulnerable to an inflation shock. The firm recommends 2 specific trades for protection as prices rise.
9. Crypto prices have been on a rollercoaster ride lately. 3 experts share the 7 essential charts and data points to watch when prices dramatically drop.
10. Bank of America explains why mid-caps are set for 'one of the best periods' of outperformance in modern history. The firm also shares its 9 top-rated ETFs that track large- and medium-sized companies.